The open-pit alert in firmware version 2.04.001 and greater has an automatic 2-min delay before the fan comes back on after the lid has been opened. This delay is to help prevent the pit temperature from overshooting the set temperature due to the lid being opened and potentially igniting more charcoal. This setting may be decreased or increased if you feel the default 2-minute setting is too long or short.
To change the 'Max Open Pause' setting follow these steps:
1. Press the 'Menu' button several times until the following is displayed on the LCD screen:
2. Press the 'Up' arrow button to change [Skip] to [Enter]
3. Press the 'Menu' button and the following is displayed:
[Chirps & Alarm]
4. Press the 'Menu' button 2 additional times until the following is displayed:
Max Open Pause
5. Press and hold the 'Down' arrow button to decrease the setting OR press and hold the 'Up' arrow button to increase the setting
6. Press the 'Menu' button to set the new setting OR wait until the LCD screen returns to the main screen
If you need further assistance, please click here to Contact Us or call us at 800-978-9078.