In the event you are having difficulty connecting your Flame Boss Thermometer (FBT) through the Flame Boss app, and if you have a WiFi-enabled device, such as your phone, a laptop, or tablet, you can try connecting your FBT to your local WiFi using our web browser method. Here are the steps:
1. Put your FBT in Access Point mode (AP blinking on FBT screen)
2. In the WiFi settings on a WiFi-enabled device, locate the FB-##### connection and click to connect to it. NOTE: Ignore the 'Internet may not be available' notice.
3. Once connected to FB-#####, open a web browser and in the address bar enter 192.168.4.1 and click 'Go' or 'Enter'
4. Scroll to the bottom of the 'Flame Boss Controller' page and under 'Configure WiFi' enter your WiFi SSID (Name) and Password. NOTE: The SSID and Password are case-sensitive.
TIP: Our WiFi-enabled controllers will only connect to 2.4 GHz connections and do not connect to 5.0 GHz connections.
5. Click the 'Submit' button. The following confirmation message is displayed:
Great! You changed WiFI settings and your controller switched to station mode.
Look for it on MyFlameBoss.com
6. The FBT display should have ST blinking, and if the WiFi SSID (Name) and Password you entered was correct, will go solid. Once the ST light is solid the FBT is connected to your local WiFi network.
7. Contact us to have the FBT added to your Flame Boss mobile app.