In the event you are having difficulty connecting your FB500 through the Flame Boss app, and if you have a WiFi-enabled device, such as a laptop or tablet, you can try connecting your FB500 to your local WiFi using our web browser method. Here are the steps:
1. Put your FB500 in Access Point mode by following these steps:
a. Press the 'Next' button
b. Press the 'Down' arrow button until the > is beside 'WiFi'
c. Press 'Next' until Wifi Mode [Station] is displayed
d. Press the 'Up' or 'Down' arrow button to switch [Station] to [Access Point]
e. Press the' Next' button
f. The following is displayed:
g. Once the FB500 is connected in Access Point mode the following is displayed:
SSID: FB-##### (the numbers displayed is your device ID)
2. In the WiFi settings on a WiFi-enabled device, locate the FB-##### connection and click to connect to it. NOTE: Ignore the 'Internet may not be available' notice.
3. Once connected, open a web browser and in the address bar enter 192.168.4.1 and click 'Go' or 'Enter'
4. Scroll to the bottom of the 'Flame Boss Controller' page and under 'Configure WiFi' enter your WiFi SSID (Name) and Password. NOTE: The SSID and Password are case-sensitive.
TIP: Our WiFi-enabled controllers will only connect to 2.4 GHz connections and do not connect to 5.0 GHz connections.
5. Click the 'Submit' button. The following confirmation message is displayed at the top of the webpage:
Great! You changed WiFi settings and your controller switched to station mode.
Look for it on MyFlameBoss.com
6. The FB500 LCD screen will display “Starting” and once connected to your local WiFi network will display: