In the event you are having difficulty connecting your FB400 through the Flame Boss app, and if you have a WiFi-enabled device, such as a laptop or tablet, you can try connecting your FB400 to your local WiFi using our web browser method. Here are the steps:
1. Put your FB400 in Access Point mode (LED light blinking slowly)
2. In the WiFi settings on a WiFi-enabled device, locate the FB-##### connection and click to connect to it. NOTE: Ignore the 'Internet may not be available' notice.
3. Once connected, open a web browser, not a Google search page, and in the address bar enter 192.168.4.1 and click 'Go' or 'Enter'
4. Scroll to the bottom of the 'Flame Boss Controller' page and under 'Configure WiFi' enter your WiFi SSID (Name) and Password. NOTE: The SSID and Password are case-sensitive.
5. Click the 'Submit' button. The following confirmation message is displayed:
Great! You changed WiFI settings and your controller switched to station mode.
Look for it on MyFlameBoss.com
6. The LED light on your FB400 should initially begin fast blinking, and if the WiFi SSID (Name) and Password you entered was correct, will become solid. Once the LED light is solid the controller is connected to your local WiFi network.
Need help? If you need further assistance, please click here to Contact Us or call us at 800-978-9078 when you have your controller and access to your local WiFi network so we may assist you. We are available Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-6:00 PM ET.
We appreciate your feedback! Please let us know if you found this article helpful below.