Here are the steps to connect your Flame Boss® controller to an iPhone® Personal Hotspot to connect and obtain device ID and PIN, download current firmware or pass your local WiFi Name (SSID) and Password (Key) to the controller:
1. With the FB controller powered up, press the 'Menu' and 'Up' buttons at the same time until you hear a 'chirp' and [Main ] Temp Control is displayed and release both buttons
2. Press 'Up' button 3 times until "[Other ] Manual Mode" is displayed
3. Press 'Menu' button and 'Factory Reset - Press Up 3 Times' is displayed
4. Perform 'Factory Reset' by pressing the 'Up' arrow button 3 times.
NOTE: Performing a factory reset deletes any previous WiFi settings stored on the controller
5. Unplug power supply from controller
6. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > About > Name and in the 'Device Name' box click the gray circle with the 'X' on the right corner to delete current device name
Note: This is only a temporary change so write down your current device name to re-enter it once the FB controller has been updated and connected
Android Note: Hotspot on most Android phones is located in the Settings menu and clicking on the current Hotspot 'Name' allows the name to be changed to 'fb' (go to step 11 below)
7. Enter 'fb' (both lowercase letter and without the apostrophes) as the new device name
8. Click 'Done' on the device keyboard
9. Go back to 'Settings'
10. Click on 'Personal Hotspot' in 'Settings' menu
11. Click 'WiFi' (iPhone) or Password (Android) box
12. Click the gray circle with the 'X' on the right corner to delete current password
Note: Write down current iPhone Hotspot auto-generated alpha/numeric password. You will need it to re-enter again once done
Note: Skip this step for Android phones
13. Enter 'fb200200' (both lowercase letters, and numbers without the apostrophes) as the new WiFi password
14. Click 'Done' in the upper right-hand corner of the toolbar or on the device keyboard
Note: Skip this step for Android phones
15. Enable Personal Hotspot by switching toggle button to 'On'
16. Plug the power supply into your FB controller
Allow your FB controller to connect to 'fb', the new hotspot you just created on your iPhone. Once connected, the controller will download and install the latest firmware to your controller. Your MyFlameBoss.com Device ID and PIN will also be provided once connected. Write down the numbers displayed in the 'MyFlameBoss.com' screen. The first set of digits are your Device ID number. The last set of digits are the Device PIN. Leave your controller connected to your iPhone Hotspot while performing the following steps:
Login to your MyFlamBoss.com web account or Flame Boss® mobile app to add your FB device and send your local WiFi network information to your controller:
1. Once logged into your MyFlameBoss.com account, click 'Profile' on the dark gray/black toolbar near the top of the page
2. Click the gray 'Add a Device' box or link
3. Enter your Device ID in the box provided NOTE: Your Device ID are provided in the MyFlameBoss.com screen on your Flame Boss controller Examples: 12345-6789 OR ID: 12345 P: 6789
4. Enter your Device PIN in the box provided NOTE: Your Device PIN are provided in the myflameboss.com screen on your Flame Boss controller Examples: 12345-6789 OR ID: 12345 P: 6789
5. Enter the Device Serial Number in the box provided NOTE: The Device Serial Number is located on the label on the back of the controller.
6. Click 'Add', an image of a FB controller is displayed with 'Device #####' displayed below
7. Click the 'Settings' link located below the image of the Flame Boss® controller
7. Click the 'WiFi' link in the list of settings
8. Enter your WiFi SSID/Name in the first box provided
9. Select WiFi Security Type from the dropdown menu in the second box
Note: most WiFi security types are now WPA2
10. Enter your WiFi Key/Password in the third box provided
11. Click 'Submit'
12. A message is displayed stating 'WiFi information successfully sent to your Flame Boss controller'
Congratulations, your local WiFi network information is now saved on your FB controller. Please follow these steps to determine if your FB controller connects to your local WiFi network:
1. Unplug the power supply from your controller
2. Turn off the 'Personal Hotspot' on your iPhone
Hint: do not forget to change your Device Name on your iPhone after confirming your FB controller connects to your WiFi
3. Plug in the power supply on your FB controller
4. Confirm whether your FB controller connects to your local WiFi
Note: the 'myflameboss.com - #####-####' screen is displayed once the controller is connected
Once successfully connected, do not perform a 'Factory Reset' or your saved WiFi network will be deleted.